Interesting in volunteering with Rolling Ridge? We have several different ways you can help out! Every therapy ride requires the following volunteers for each rider:
Sidewalkers walk along side each horse while a child is riding. Sidewalkers interact with the children, providing encouragement and assistance.
Leaders guide horses around our riding ring, controlling the speed and direction of the horse. Leaders will also interact with the children riding.
Educator / Therapist
Teachers and rehabilitation therapists are stationed around our riding ring during each therapy ride, helping children learn and develop skills as they ride
For more information or to get started, please contact Kathryn Davis!
News & Upcoming Events
- March 5, 2016 2016 Signup & Training Session
- April 4, 2016 – First Session of Therapy Rides Starts!
- April 9, 2016 – First Scheduled Equestrian Team Ride
- April 22 – 24, 2016 Rolling Ridge Riding Graduate Beach Trip
- May 2, 2016 – Second Session of Therapy Rides
- May 21, 2016 – Equestrian Team goes to District 4H Show – Raleigh
- June 13, 2016 – Third Session of Therapy Rides
- July 6, 2016 – Equestrian Team – State 4H Show – Raleigh
- August 27, 2016 – Rolling Ridge Roundup – Growing Oaks Church – Reidsville