Rolling Ridge Riding is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing FREE therapy based horseback riding and educational tutoring/instruction to physically, mentally, and emotionally challenged children in Rockingham County.
Rolling Ridges’ goal is to try to maximize the potential of all the children it serves in a fun, safe environment. Rolling Ridge was started in 2000 by a pediatric physical therapist.
Rolling Ridge receives no tax dollars and is operated on donated funds and volunteer workers. The volunteer “staff” is comprised of licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, educators, and many others. With the volunteers’ help, children are able to reach for their full potential and develop meaningful social interaction, & friendships. Special needs riders access free therapy and achieve amazing accomplishments. Many riders improve: head/trunk control; posture; learn to walk/talk; sit up; use their hands functionally; balance/coordination; stretch tight muscles; reduce high muscle tone. Children on the Rolling Ridge Equestrian Team learn to ride horses and go on to compete in adaptive classes in horse shows.
News & Upcoming Events
- Aug 15, 2015 – Rolling Ridge Round-Up!
- July 8, 2015 – RR Equestrian Team State 4H Championship
- July 6, 2015 – Reidsville Kiwanis Picnic
- June 6, 2015 – Two Rivers Craft Fair
- Feb 28, 2015 – Volunteer Training Class
- Sept 13, 2014 – Rolling Ridge Round-Up!
- June 16, 2014 – Monday Night Therapy Rides Session 3
- June 14, 2014 – Bethlehem United Methodist Community Day
- May 19, 2014 – Monday Night Therapy Rides Session 2