Rolling Ridge Riding is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing FREE therapy based horseback riding and educational tutoring/instruction to physically, mentally, and emotionally challenged children in Rockingham County.
Rolling Ridges’ goal is to try to maximize the potential of all the children it serves in a fun, safe environment. Rolling Ridge was started in 2000 by a pediatric physical therapist.
Rolling Ridge receives no tax dollars and is operated on donated funds and volunteer workers. The volunteer “staff” is comprised of licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, educators, and many others. With the volunteers’ help, children are able to reach for their full potential and develop meaningful social interaction, & friendships. Special needs riders access free therapy and achieve amazing accomplishments. Many riders improve: head/trunk control; posture; learn to walk/talk; sit up; use their hands functionally; balance/coordination; stretch tight muscles; reduce high muscle tone. Children on the Rolling Ridge Equestrian Team learn to ride horses and go on to compete in adaptive classes in horse shows.
News & Upcoming Events
- June 16, 2014 – Monday Night Therapy Rides Session 3
- June 14, 2014 – Bethlehem United Methodist Community Day
- May 19, 2014 – Monday Night Therapy Rides Session 2
- May 17, 2014 – District 4H Horse Show
- May 9, 2014 – Rolling Ridge Beach Trip
- April 26, 2014 – Fun Run Fundraiser
- April 14, 2014 – Monday Night Therapy Rides Begin!
- April 12, 2014 – Easter Egg Hunt
- April 10, 2014 – Health & Wellness Rides at Moss St. Elementary